From Education to Employment: Degree Apprenticeships
- Published: Thursday, 28 July 2016 16:05
- Written by Web Editor
Degree Apprenticeships are a burning issue for both employers and universities. As the Apprenticeship Levy comes into force, we’ve gathered resources on Degree Apprenticeships.
Co-designed by employers and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), these new programmes involve a combination of vocational and higher education learning, in which both academic and occupational proficiencies are tested, and for which the attainment of a degree is an integral part of the course.
The National Centre’s briefing paper on Degree Apprenticeships offers insights into how they are organised, the reasons for their development and the sectors in which they are most prominent.
We’ve gathered resources together here around this topic and if you would like to contribute please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Degree Apprenticeships, briefing from the National Centre for Universities and Business.
- Apprenticeship factsheet, from the Institute for apprenticeship.
- A new south London powerhouse for apprenticeships, blog by Professor David Phoenix, LSBU.
- McLaren to build supercar chassis in Sheffield City Region.
- Rosa Fernandez analysis: Can degree apprenticeships balance the uneven landscape of talent co-development in the UK?
- Giving Employers a choice on apprenticeships, blog by Professor David Phoenix, LSBU
- National Centre’s launches Degree Apprenticeships Briefing, blog by Dr Joan Wilson, NCUB
- What is Skills policy and what has it got to do with university-business collaboration?, NCUB State of the Relationship 2016
- Capgemini and Aston University Collaboration, blog by Capgemini and Aston University
- Manchester Metropolitan University at ‘the vanguard’ with new degree apprenticeships programme, blog by Manchester Metropolitan University
- Engineering the next generation, blog by the University of Sheffield
- Degree Apprenticeship FAQs, from the University Vocational Awards Council
- The Apprenticeship Levy and how it will work, guidance from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Degree Apprenticeships, the Higher Education Funding Council for England
- Facts and the future of degree apprenticeships from the Higher Education Funding Council for England