University of Plymouth
- Published: Thursday, 12 October 2017 14:05
- Written by Joseph
Advancing knowledge and transforming lives through education and research.
To be the enterprise university, promoting a bold, adventurous spirit and creativity in all that we do. Enterprise defines us, what we do and how we do it. It captures our mind-set and culture and our pioneering spirit. By placing the concept and practice of enterprise at the heart of what we do, we want to empower our students and staff to deliver on their talents in achieving our mission.
Through innovative and shared learning, partnerships with Plymouth University enrich the Plymouth student, staff and partner experience, develop skills and expertise, create new learning pathways and employability opportunities, and raise aspirations. That spirit of collaboration makes a real and sustainable difference. In addition to our formal academic partnerships, we are proud of the partnerships we have with businesses, organisations and community groups.
Our aim is to give you the support you need, when you need it. That’s why we created Enterprise Solutions, your gateway to accessing Plymouth University’s entire range of expertise, services and facilities. Plymouth University offers a wide range of solutions for individuals, business and the community, categorised into eight partnership areas:
- Entrepreneurship & business start-ups
- Expertise & research
- Knowledge transfer
- Recruitment & careers
- Skills & training
As a values-based organisation our ethos and culture drives what we do and how we do it. We are:
- SPIRITED in providing an ambitious, inspiring, enterprising and friendly learning and working environment for our students and staff.
- CONNECTED to our communities in taking a partnership approach with individuals and organisations to spark creativity and maximise our impact.
- CREATIVE in celebrating and respecting difference in background, identity, ideas and beliefs and encouraging a creative and inclusive working and learning environment.
- PIONEERING by embedding an enterprising approach through all of our activities, creating an environment where good ideas are welcomed and fostered, tested and acted upon.
- EXPERT in what we do through the valuable contributions, passions and talents of our staff, students and partners.
- EMPOWERING in enabling our students, staff and partners to think for themselves, make their own decisions, and make a difference.
- ENTERPRISING in all that we do and how we do it.
Rich Adams, Corporate Projects Manager at the University of Plymouth, outlines five reasons why businesses can benefit from collaborating with a university.
The University of Plymouth has a strong track record of working in partnership with industry, developing lasting relationships with innovative SMEs.
A collaboration between Plymouth University and Softbank Robotics Europe’s AI-Lab has led to the establishment of a joint industry-academia doctoral school.