Knowledge Exchange Concordat Consultation
- Published: Tuesday, 11 June 2019 14:55
- Written by National Centre for Universities and Business
In June 2019, the National Centre for Universities and Business invited member views to inform a written response to an open consultation on the Knowledge Exchange Concordat.
It also sets out the aims and enablers to help universities make informed decisions and develop their own strategies around KE.
The Concordat aims to:
- Help universities and their staff and students enhance clarity of mission;
- Support their development;
- Give partners an accurate representation of the approaches and strengths of individual universities;
- Provide clear indicators of their approaches in developing and improving performance;
- Give governing bodies and funders broad confidence in the activity that is taking place in universities.
The Concordat consultation's final version will be created in Autumn 2019.
Input from NCUB membership
NCUB has submitted a response to this consultation, drawing on member perspectives – specifically those of Higher Education members, though NCUB also welcomed insights from business members on the implications of the Concordat for corporate partners.
We invited members to offer up any views they might have on the Concordat, as presently constituted; and while it is currently England-only, we were happy to entertain perspectives from institutions from Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.