What We Do
- Published: Wednesday, 27 March 2013 10:10
- Written by Patric Donnachie
The National Centre for Universities and Business (NCUB) develops, supports and promotes world-class collaboration between universities and business across the UK. We're the only organisation bringing together universities and business to influence government and solve the country's challenges. Our aim is to find practical ways of harnessing the talent being developed in our universities and the UK’s strength in groundbreaking research and development for the benefit of the nation’s economy.
The Leadership council
Vice Chancellors and business leaders sit together on the unique NCUB Leadership Council, which directs the work of the NCUB and leads university-business collaboration from the very highest level.
NCUB Task Forces take the same approach of bringing together the very best from universities and business, but focus on particular economic sectors or issues. NCUB facilitates leaders and experts in their fields to work together to identify and solve problems.
Where the Task Forces and Leadership Council make recommendations for action, NCUB carries them out through a range of projects in our two priority areas:
- Talent: nurturing the development of the talent that the UK needs from higher education to the workplace and into leadership roles. View our Talent projects.
- Feedback and guidance on our Talent projects is provided by the Talent Development Network.
- Innovation: making the expertise, ideas and research that can achieve commercial value for the UK accessible to business. View our Innovation projects.
- Feedback and guidance on our Innovation projects is provided by the Science and Innovation Board.
As an independent and trusted voice, NCUB works to build the evidence base for collaboration through our extensive research programme. This includes our flagship annual State of the Relationship report that summarises university-business engagement across the UK. Find out more about our research or read our reports.
Our Events include our unique Chairs' Breakfasts and the NCUB Annual Lecture.
The National Centre platforms
|The Leadership Council|
|Research Reports||Annual Lecture||Website Events|
|State of the Relationship||Chairs' Breakfasts||Contribution Guidelines|
||Report Launches||Social Media|
|Knowledge Exchange||Past Events||Sitemap|
Universities have enormous potential to drive economic growth and help connect the dots explains Prof Wendy Purcell.